Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Ring Around the Toilet

On Fri, 02 Jun 2017 23:43:28 GMT, Wayne Boatwright
wrote:

The conmmercial product we use contains muriatic acid. I'm sure part
of what is in our water is iron. However, our area is known for
having extremely hard water. I"m not sure what our water source is,
but I thing a large percentage of Arizona water is from river
sources. Ours is a public water supply and we don't personally have
a well. There doesn't seem to be any type of buildup in the bowl
rim. We hve a good flush and water from every orifice.

Our water comes from Lake Mead, which also is sent to Arizona. Likely
the hardest water in the country. Even the local water district
doesn't remove all the calcium. With an in ground pool soft water
would cause damage, difficult for the chemistry. Without a softener
our appliances would fail at a rapid pace. Nevada was once covered
with salt water so there is heavy salt in the soil. We don't have your
native spring water :-)

(Search Lake Mead Ring) Minerals in the rocks. Images:

https://tinyurl.com/ydyjpdae