Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default I'm glad Jeremy Corbyn is putting aside trivial subjects like Trident to concentrate on what really matters - bank holidays

"bert" wrote in message
In article , Handsome Jack
writes
bert posted
In article , "Dave Plowman (News)"
writes
In article ,
Handsome Jack wrote:
If the action is military aggression (which is what we are talking
about), the UN treaties we signed at the end of WW2.

Do 'treaties' come into it anyway? The reasons given for going to war
against the various middle east countries was always given as in the
interests of their population - ruled by a despot, etc. But oddly, we
only
seem to do this with the middle east.

The reason given for going to war with Iraq was that they threatened us.
Regime would have been illegal.
We invaded Egypt in 1956 to protect our vital interest in the Suez canal
So which middle east countries have we invaded to overthrow their
regime?

Iraq.

Well so some claim

With good reason.