Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] ohger1s@gmail.com is offline

Default Sony CDP101 repair

On Friday, June 2, 2017 at 1:08:30 AM UTC-4, Phil Allison wrote:

** The debate about sampling rates and bit depth was all over about 30 years ago. Linear PCM of CD standard has no audible flaws.

That's your opinion Phil. Not everyone who disagrees with you is a "know-nothing ****wit". CD player manufacturers have done a good job implementing necessary filtering schemes to mask the inherent problem of rounding off too few bits to mimic a good analogue waveform.

At this point in my life, I've gotten used to listening to MP3 files - so along with the diminished response of my hearing over the years, I still use and enjoy my CD player. If Philips/Sony had not sacrificed playing time for fidelity back then, it wouldn't matter to me now. But musical fidelity of the CD standard was not paramount to them; compactness and playing time were numbers one and two.

Kindly go and **** yourslef.

Not possible, but thank you for asking kindly.

You're first class, raving lunatic.

Raving? Note to myself to turn off my webcam....