Posted to alt.home.repair
Muggles[_20_] Muggles[_20_] is offline

Default The Order in Which God Created

On 6/1/2017 5:59 AM, Meanie wrote:
On 5/31/2017 11:13 PM, Muggles wrote:
On 5/31/2017 6:13 AM, Meanie wrote:
On 5/30/2017 11:25 PM, Muggles wrote:
On 5/30/2017 4:27 PM, Meanie wrote:
On 5/30/2017 1:26 PM, Muggles wrote:

Many people feel the need for something called "love", but that
doesn't
prove love exists.

Prove to me there is a physical being/creator in the sky or anywhere.

Prove to me love exists.

Will you attempt to use empirical or anecdotal evidence? Which one is
valid?

Your problem is assuming it has to be one or the other along with trying
to compare it with a physical creator. You simply refuse to bow down
from your adamant "I'm a strong woman" attitude which you frequently
display.

It's not my problem. People have been after Christians forever to
"prove" by providing empirical evidence that a God exists.

There is nothing wrong with me asking an atheist to prove love exists by
using empirical evidence, too?

The shoe is on the other foot, and the atheist is a bit irritated that
he can't prove love exists by using empirical evidence. He thinks by
giving anecdotal stories as evidence should suffice as proof. After all,
don't most people understand that love exists because they've felt love
themselves?

**If it's acceptable to use anecdotal evidence to prove one thing
exists, then it should be acceptable to use anecdotal evidence to prove
a God exists.**

Simple. Don't you agree?

The fact is, you cannot prove a physical deity exist....period.

You can't use empirical evidence to prove love exists, either, and can
only offer anecdotal stories as evidence.

Do you know the difference between empirical vs. anecdotal evidence?

The question is, do you? Empirical is to experience which everyone does
and love is an experienced emotion. Otherwise, why did you marry or are
you afraid to admit you're wrong? Don't answer, we all know it.

You're WRONG.

anecdotal
- based on or consisting of reports or observations of usually
unscientific observers anecdotal evidence health benefits that may be
more anecdotal than ...

= Stories about why you love someone, why you married, etc.

empirical
- Relying on or derived from observation or experiment.
*Verifiable or provable by means of observation or experiment*.
Of or being a philosophy of medicine emphasizing practical experience
and observation over scientific theory.

= NOT stories about why you love someone, why you married, etc.

--
Maggie