Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default And while I'm being ****ed at Harbor Freight... was: Another tool rant

On Wed, 31 May 2017 23:04:47 -0400, Gerry
wrote:

On Wed, 31 May 2017 10:39:23 -0700, Larry Jaques
wrote:

On Tue, 30 May 2017 10:11:10 -0400, Leon Fisk
wrote:

On Tue, 30 May 2017 06:35:27 -0700 (PDT)
rangerssuck wrote:

snip
I ordered the pole saw online and will (maybe) go back
today with a 20% coupon for the other stuff. But jeeze,
wouldn't you think they could get some more bodies working
the registers? I was not the only customer to leave without
buying, and it's not like they didn't know they had
advertised this sale.

They run a coupon for that Pole Saw pretty often. A good place to check
for current coupons is:

http://www.hfqpdb.com/harborfreightcoupons

Looks like there is a $64.99 coupon for it right now...

You can find coupons and info here too:

https://slickdeals.net/f/1276399-har...-coupon-thread

Make sure you read the very-fine-print on those 20% and 25% off coupons
too. They exclude a whole bunch of stuff they didn't use to

I kick myself for not using one on a mini-mill eons ago, when they
still did allow them. sigh

HF just opened a store here in Grants Pass this month. I lamented to
the cashier that they waited until I had already retired to open it.
He was quick and said "Now you'll have more time to use our tools."
Tiny store, 4 checkers, all with 3 people in line in a li'l town of
30k people. Amazing.

I look at their web site and figure out what I want to throww some
dollars at, make up my shopping list, and drive an hour and a half
only to find that that store doesn't stock anything on my list.

The first time I had a problem, they had 5 of the 6 things I wanted,
but they were out of the big item which I had a coupon for. I always
called after that, since the store in Medford was 30 miles away.

They're happy to check their stock for you (every time, at every store
I've called) and hold something up front for you (sometimes.)

--
I started out with nothing and
I still have most of it left!