Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Sony CDP101 repair

Dave Platt wrote: "And, some remasters are dreadful. Not infrequently the remastering
engineer has been of the "louder is better" school, and the remastered
disc suffers from serious signal compression and (more than
occasionally) actual clipping. The dynamic range of the remaster is
often poorer than that of the original CD.

The spectral balance will also often be "played with". "

As was the case with this customer's version
of the Wonder CD I was playing in the store.
Needless to say, I convinced him to buy the
unremastered orignal!