RichardS

Default OT - Monitors - TFT v. CRT

"Huge" wrote in message
"David Hearn" writes:
Peter Crosland wrote:

[16 lines snipped]

application wide viewing angle may be an advantage or not. Secondly
running a flat screen at anything but its native resolution is bound
to degrade the image quality. I am amazed at the number that are set
to something else even though the image is degraded.

Yeah, things like response times and contrast ratios are important - and
really, nothing can beat actually sitting down and looking at one.

Hear, hear. I bought some 200 a few years ago for a trading room refit,
and we just got all the vendors to send a sample, set them up in a
row and let the traders try them, then vote for which one they wanted.

Didn't they just say "I'll have 'em all, and whilst you're at it can you
just adjust my machine(s) and apps so that I can have them all on different
screens simultaneously"???

--
Richard Sampson

email me at