Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Steak cookin'

On Wed, 31 May 2017 02:30:28 -0000 (UTC), Diesel
wrote:

Wed, 24 May 2017 16:24:02 GMT in alt.home.repair, wrote:

On Wed, 24 May 2017 09:13:19 -0700, Oren wrote:

On Wed, 24 May 2017 11:31:40 -0400, wrote:

On Wed, 24 May 2017 09:28:50 -0400, Ed Pawlowski
wrote:

He's right, you can age meat a bit and you can get a good steak
in a pan. I still like the grill at 900 degrees to sear though.
Wimpy grills don't cut it.

I got tired of fooling around with wimpy grills. I put an
adjustable regulator on mine so I can go all the way down to
"smoker" heat or crank it up to Ruth's Chris.
http://gfretwell.com/ftp/Grill%20regulator.jpg

Will it get to 1500º F (grin)

I can make the grates glow red. (not on purpose)
Normal grills run 11 inches of water. This regulator will go up to
20 PSI. In real life the range between 4 in/h2o and 16 in/h2o is
plenty to do anything from slow cooked chicken to a seared steak.

Dayum. add a forced air system and you've got yourself a mini kiln
Likely a one time use as things melt down kiln, but, a kiln for a
short period of time.

The only time I ever turn it up more than 14" or so of water is when I
am deep frying on the side burner and I am heating up a pot of oil.
There is far more pressure available than I would ever use but being
able to fine tune the heat is great. I am traveling and the house we
rented has a wimpy Charbroil gas grill that just ages steaks with all
3 burners on high and foil on the 2 side grates to send the heat to
the center one.

http://gfretwell.com/ftp/Mash%20stom...py%20grill.jpg