Posted to uk.d-i-y
Fredxxx Fredxxx is offline

Default Someone persuade me how to vote please?

On 30/05/2017 21:48, Rod Speed wrote:
Harry Bloomfield wrote
Vote for the Torys because voting for anything else is wasting your vote.
May had my vote until she threatened to hit pensioners in the pocket.

Like hell she did.
Now I'm a floating voter,

More fool you with the current alternatives.
with none of the parties offering me enough to convince me to vote for
them.

So the only sensible thing to do is to vote for the least worst.
I am even less convinced that any but May might have the gumption to
see us through the Brexit process.

Yep, she does have the balls to tell the EU to go and **** itself
if they try to monster Britain into what makes no sense for Britain.
Yes, its certainly worth attempting to do more than just say "our
voters have voted, we're off, see ya"
but it makes no sense at all to agree to anything that the voters voted
to leave because of after leaving.
And it certainly makes no sense to end up with anything
like what Norway, Switzerland and Iceland have.
Makes no sense at all to have free movement of EU citizens
to Britain after leaving, or for the EU to have any say what
so ever on British policy, or to be handing the EU a penny
after Britain has left, or to give the EU a damned thing that
they claim Britain owes them now.
It certainly makes sense to rub the EU's nose in the fact that they need
aircraft engines and wings and financial services from Britain and to
have free trade with the EU like all of these have.

They only need them now. That could change in 5 years or so. Both France
and Germany would love to become the new European financial centre.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Europe...ade_agreements

But if the EU wants to play silly buggers to attempt to dissuade any
other country from leaving, they should be told to go and ****
themselves very unambiguously indeed and May is the
only one capable of being in govt and doing that currently.

I have often thought this, and perhaps make it known that we could have
very good deals with other 'developed' countries that leave thee EU.