Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Asbestos in yer water...

"whisky-dave" wrote in message
On Friday, 26 May 2017 21:35:27 UTC+1, ARW wrote:
Talking to the water company installing new water mains/meters for the
new build here, it seems my water main in the street is asbestos!!!

http://www.fwr.org/pipeline/dwi0822.htm

so drinking asbestos doesn't harm you apparently.

I get the pleasure of attending an asbestos awareness course every year.

The simple answer is because you drink water and do not breath it in.

The last guy that did the last course asked everyone "Why do goldfish
and budgies never get asbestosis?" Well the goldfish answer was because
it does not breath air and the second answer was because budgies do not
have a long enough lifespan to develop it.

That's when the apprentice stuck his arm up in the air and asked "Does
anyone ever test goldfish and budgies for asbestosis when they die?"

The guy doing the course answered "no" and the apprentice then asked "so
how do you know how they died?".

Is this the first evidence of an apprentice with a functioning brain ?

Nope, that other one who showed up in here in person obviously has one.

Same with that other more recent one that was away
on an excursion or something when he got the job.