Posted to alt.home.repair
T[_6_] T[_6_] is offline

Default The Order in Which God Created

On 05/29/2017 09:55 PM, Diesel wrote:
Muggles news:almarsoft.4035726499852484014
@reader443.eternal-september.org Mon, 29 May 2017 04:41:00 GMT in
alt.home.repair, wrote:

On Mon, 29 May 2017 05:28:46 +0100, Bod wrote:
Did the voices in your head tell you this?

Did the voice in your head tell you that you love
your wife?

I don't have voices in my head. I show my love both
physically and emotionally. Something that you don't
appear to understand.

Prove you love your wife.

Prove love exists.

Love is a chemical reaction...
http://people.howstuffworks.com/love6.htm
http://www.youramazingbrain.org/lovesex/sciencelove.htm

Hi Diesel,

I did not read the links, but I get the gist as I have
seen similar documentaries on the subject and they
were fascinating.

Okay here is the problem with your response. Not the love
were were taking about. The English language sucks
at the word love.

The Greeks did "love" best:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greek_words_for_love

Agápe
Éros
Philia
Storge

Your links were for "Eros". What Maggie and I speak
of is "Agápe". When we say "God is Love", we mean
"God is Agápe". It is also what we mean when we say
we love our spouses. You can not measure it with
instruments as you can Eros. (We do that towards our
spouses too and, indeed, it can be measured.)

Agápe:
(ἀγάπη agápē) means "love: esp. charity; the
love of God for man and of man for God." Agape
is used in ancient texts to denote feelings for
one's children and the feelings for a spouse, and
it was also used to refer to a love feast. Agape
is used by Christians to express the unconditional
love of God for his children. This type of
love was further explained by Thomas Aquinas as
"to will the good of another."

Thomas Aquinas stated it very well.

I hope that clears up the confusion.

-T