Posted to alt.home.repair

Default The Order in Which God Created

On Monday, May 29, 2017 at 7:54:11 PM UTC-5, wrote:
On Mon, 29 May 2017 08:04:33 -0400, Meanie wrote:

On 5/28/2017 11:07 PM, Stormin' Norman wrote:
On Sun, 28 May 2017 21:36:45 -0400, wrote:

Religions across time and the entire planet have been victimizing
their followers in the name of non-existent deities. Every religion
from evangelical christianity to scientology is nothing but a cult. In
fact, the only difference between a cult and a religion is the size of
the membership.

Whereas I would not want to prevent anyone from believing in their
personal fairy tales, I do advocate fully taxing all religions as one
would tax any business. There should be no special treatment of
religions.

Amen!, er, I mean, I agree.

Tax all "non-religious use assets" or all "non charitable assets" ?-
that's fine with me, perhaps

Don't tax hospitals and charitable homes for the aged, or orphans, or
the mentally disadvantaged. Don't tax the homeless shelters and
addiction treatment centers,that operate as not-for-profit charities.
And don't tax those "for profit" entities that can demonstrate all
the profits go to supporting the not-for-profit charities operated
under the same umbrella. There IS a case to be made for "tax free
charities" as long as that is what they are.

I agree having huge real-estate holdings and large war chests and huge
expensive oppulent homes for the "elite" or "ruling class" tax free is
a problem.

Where to draw the line to be "fair" is the problem - - -

Religious organizations should be free of taxation and government intrusion as long as long as they don't try to influence government and stay the hell (no pun) out of politics. Christianity seems to have evolved out of savagery and become more or less civilized. Islam, not so much. Christianity has a savage past like that period of time when the Catholics tried to forcibly convert Jews. A few centuries later the Catholic church went after Protestants. Muslims are still mad about The Crusades which happened centuries ago and they seem to be stuck there. As far as I know, The Pope hasn't called for a holy war lately but it seems like every other imam is calling for jihad against nonbelievers. I don't want to live in a theocracy no matter what flavor of religion is in charge. If ANY religious organization calls for death and destruction, roundup the members, put the FEMA camps to use and bulldoze the church, temple or mosque. It's the job of the government to protect the citizenry from threats both internal and external. Jihadis don't respond to hugs and flowers, intracranial lead poisoning by multiple fast moving projectiles works best. ( -_・) ︻デ一

[8~{} Uncle Intolerant Monster