Posted to alt.home.repair

Default The Order in Which God Created

On Mon, 29 May 2017 13:55:38 +0000, Stormin' Norman
wrote:

On Mon, 29 May 2017 00:54:54 -0400, wrote:

On Mon, 29 May 2017 03:07:44 +0000, Stormin' Norman
wrote:

On Sun, 28 May 2017 21:36:45 -0400,
wrote:

On Mon, 29 May 2017 01:12:54 +0000, Stormin' Norman
wrote:

Don't forget, all religions exist as tools for one group of people to
influence, control and extract resources from another, much larger
group of people.

Deities are inventions of humans, little different than a pry bar,
tools to separate people from their valuables and gain control over
their free will.

Religions are tools of the unscrupulous and a refuge for the weak of
mind.

I am sorry you have had such a bad experience with "religions"
Some organizations may indeed be as you say - but most certainly not
all. What you describe is a theocracy, like the catholic church.

There are religeous organizations that have no "elite class" that
"lives off the masses"

You are sorry I have had bad experiences with religions? That is
pretty funny, but not unexpected.

Religions across time and the entire planet have been victimizing
their followers in the name of non-existent deities. Every religion
from evangelical christianity to scientology is nothing but a cult. In
fact, the only difference between a cult and a religion is the size of
the membership.

A total fallacy, as there are cults larger than some religions.

Son, what is fallacious is your implication there is any difference
between a religion and a cult. There is no difference. However, I do
admire your Kellyanne Conway style propaganda in attempting to declare
my assertions, "a total fallacy".

Simply because the lies of your cult are older or believed by more
people than the lies of another cult, this does not legitimize your
cult. All cults are invalid and built on a foundation of lies.

If any cult were able to produce empirical evidence to substantiate
the existence of their particular flavor of deities, that evidence
would have been produced thousands of years ago and there would be
little resistance to the assertions of that cult.

As education spreads, the fables and superstitions of ancient, middle
eastern goat herders, continue to fade from the collective memory of
the human race.

Whereas I would not want to prevent anyone from believing in their
personal fairy tales, I do advocate fully taxing all religions as one
would tax any business. There should be no special treatment of
religions.

Many "religions" or churches provide social services and education,
and health care free of charge to those who cannot afford these
services, irrespective of their beliefs or lack there of. It was
religions that established schools and hospitals in most of the world.

One of the most effective "relief agencies" in the world is a church
organization called the "mennonite central committee"

Another "faith based organization" that is very well known to
survivors of natural disasters across North America from the hollers
of Kentucky (Whitesburg/Hazzard etc), to the flood-ravaged vallets of
New York State (Elmira/Corning etc) to hurricane ravaged New Orleans,
is "MDS" - Mennonite Disaster Service.

All volunteer labour, helping those in need due to no fault of their
own - entirely out of their "religious beliefs"

No question of faith or creed - the help is available to all who need
it.

There is no doubt that some cults provide rare, truly charitable
services and assistance. Those services should be separate and
distinct 501c3 entities in the USA and should enjoy tax exemption,
IMHO.

However, things such as support of cult missionaries, proselytizing,
property used for cult purposes, all income not used for legitimate,
charitable services, should (IMHO) be taxed at a business rate.
Additionally, clergy should all pay the same income tax rates as any
typical citizens. In the USA, clergy receive an approximate 30%, off
the top, discount on income taxes and I believe they can also receive
a tax free housing allowance from the cult.

Well, since you are contributing NOTHING to "Alt.HomeRepair, I'm
putting you in the bit bucket along with Meanie and a bunch of others.
Sorry, but to be fair, I have to put Muggles in there too. Nothing of
value? Down the drain. FLUSH!!!!