Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Clifford Heath Clifford Heath is offline

Default What is the difference between a BASS Guitar Amp and a STANDARDone?

On 30/05/17 08:52, wrote:
On Sun, 28 May 2017 18:32:59 -0700 (PDT), Phil Allison
What is the difference between a BASS Guitar Amp and a STANDARD guitar
amp, as far as the circuitry?

** Bass amps are generally simpler with no reverb, vibrato or overdrive.

Correct. None of that on this amp.
But since I am not using it for guitar, I dont need that stuff.
There are all kinds of bass amps, like there are all kinds of dogs.

In the tube era, a bass model would normally have a slightly larger output
tranny and bigger speaker/s.

Then it's really a BETTER amp.....

Sigh. A guitar amp is what it is because it makes the sound that
the musician wants. Not because it has better technical specs!
It's a highly significant part of the "instrument". The same is
true for bass guitar amps, though usually a cleaner sound is
preferred.

This one is solid state, so it's only the speaker in question. It's a
small amp, so the speaker is only an 8 inch, but it has darn good
sound.

Bass guitar players would only use an 8" speaker for practice,
and then only under duress.