Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default I'm glad Jeremy Corbyn is putting aside trivial subjects like Trident to concentrate on what really matters - bank holidays

Handsome Jack wrote
Tim Streater wrote
Handsome wrote

No, I don't think "we" should have invaded Iraq at all. "We" should not
be intervening in the Middle East at all, except through diplomacy and
negotiation.

Or anywhere, then. So I guess we should disband the UN, then, as those
interfering buggers keep interfering.

Intervention via the UNSC may sometimes be justifiable,

Corse it can be.

certainly preferable to intervention by self-seeking political alliances.

Hard to justify a claim that that was what the intervention in Bosnia was
about.

Like in East Timor, f'rinstance (not in the ME, I know, but pertinent),
where the "west" (and the UN) pushed to stop the genocide of people there
by Indonesia.

There was never a genocide there. Just another
example of Indonesia attempting to apply the
jackboot, like they have done in New Guinea.

Which led *directly* to the Bali night club bombing.

Like hell it did. That had nothing to do
with the wests intervention in East Timor.

I'm not clear what point you are making here.

That it was a valid situation for the west to get involved in.

Oh and by the way, FYI. There are certain people you cannot negotiate
with. ISIS and Al Qaeda being examples. Oe perhaps you know better.

I don't know whether you can negotiate with ISIS or Al-Qaed or not.

Yes, its obvious you don't know that.

Why do you think you know?

Its obvious that they arent interested in doing that.