Posted to alt.home.repair

Default The Order in Which God Created

On Sun, 28 May 2017 07:28:27 GMT, Wayne Boatwright
wrote:

On Sun 28 May 2017 12:09:16a, Bod told us...

Not only does the time period of creation in Genesis 1 contradict
the time claimed for the evolution of all these things, but the
order of creation in Genesis 1 also contradicts the order of
events in the evolutionary story in at least 30 points. For
example, the Bible says the earth was created before light and
before the sun and stars, just the opposite of the big-bang
theory. The Bible says that fruit trees were created before any
sea creatures and that birds were created before dinosaurs (which
were made on day 6, since they are land animals), exactly the
opposite of the evolutionary story. Evolution says that initially
the earth was a hot molten ball that cooled to develop a hard
crust, and then evolved an atmosphere that produced rain, and then
with the help of melted asteroids produced oceans. But Genesis
says the earth was completely covered with water for two days and
then dry land appeared. According to evolution, the earth has
never been covered with a global ocean. But according to the Bible
the earth has been completely covered with water twice: the first
two days of creation and Noahs Flood. It is impossible to
harmonize Genesis 1 with big-bang cosmology or the evolutionary
story of earths development.35

In addition to these contradictions, another obstacle to adding
millions of years to the days or between the days relates to the
order. If the €śdays€? are figurative of long ages, then so are
the €śevenings€? and the €śmornings.€? But how could plants
survive millions of years of darkness? Or how could they reproduce
if they had to wait hundreds of millions of years before insects
and animals were created that would pollinate the plants?

https://answersingenesis.org/bible-c...d-eve/when-was
-adam-created/

I can't say that I don't belive in God, and I have read every word of
the Bible more than once. However, I have always found it hard to
rationalize the creation theory in Genesis when compared to what
appears to be evolutionary fact.

Just remember Genesis isn't a scientific textbook, or even a full
history test. It is part of a very long-term oral tradition reduced to
text several thousands of years ago and perhaps also many thousands of
years "after the fact" - a record of "God"'s faithfullness to the
family of Abraham (in particular). As such, it is written in language
and terms understandable by a people with no extensive scientific
knowledge or any concept of very large numbers of years. It is written
in large extent in "idiom" and translated several times from language
to language..

Just because it is not 100% accurate and complete in all the details
does not make it any less "true" - when taken for what it is, and was.