Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default what's wrong with our potatoes?

"James Wilkinson Sword" wrote in message
news
On Sat, 20 May 2017 01:15:19 +0100, Rod Speed
wrote:

"James Wilkinson Sword" wrote in message
news
On Fri, 19 May 2017 00:21:39 +0100, Rod Speed
wrote:

"James Wilkinson Sword" wrote in message
news On Wed, 17 May 2017 23:12:55 +0100, Rod Speed

wrote:

"James Wilkinson Sword" wrote in message
news On Wed, 17 May 2017 11:54:02 +0100, whisky-dave

wrote:

On Tuesday, 16 May 2017 20:06:01 UTC+1, James Wilkinson Sword
wrote:
On Tue, 16 May 2017 13:24:36 +0100, whisky-dave

wrote:

On Monday, 15 May 2017 20:41:09 UTC+1, James Wilkinson Sword
wrote:
On Sat, 13 May 2017 22:29:16 +0100, Rod Speed
wrote:

"James Wilkinson Sword" wrote in
message
news On Sat, 13 May 2017 20:16:49 +0100, Rod Speed

wrote:

"James Wilkinson Sword" wrote in
message
news On Sat, 13 May 2017 01:49:41 +0100, Rod Speed

wrote:

"James Wilkinson Sword" wrote in
message
news On Fri, 12 May 2017 20:49:45 +0100, Rod Speed

wrote:

"James Wilkinson Sword" wrote in
message
news On Fri, 12 May 2017 20:05:24 +0100, Bod

wrote:

Many years ago, I discovered a gorgeous tomato
variety
called
"SunGold".
It retailed briefly and disappeared from trace.
(You
can
still
buy
seeds
for it). In it's place we have SunBurst,
SunBlush,SunDream all
of
which
may as well be called "Sun****". I really can't
remember
the
last
time
bought tomatoes *anywhere* in the UK. Even
(especially)
from
"farm
shops". They are universally bland.

I now know why so many European ex-pats in the UK
grow
their own
veg.

And don't get me started about apples......

See above.

Have you noticed that the vast majority of
supermarket
tomatoes
have
*very* thick and tough skins?

I don't see what all the fuss is about, all potatoes
and
tomatoes
taste
fine to me.

Fine, but the rest of us can tell the difference in
taste.

Never heard anyone say that before.

Then you need a hearing aid, bad.

Especially with potatoes which have almost no flavour
anyway,

Even sillier than you usually manage. Your taste buds
are
****ed.

they're always mixed with other foods which have a
taste
them.

Not always.

Apples, oranges, they're tasty.

Yes.

Eating a potato on it's own is like eating bread.

Depends on what you do with it. Lovely roasted in a fire.

But you need to add stuff to give it flavour.

Nope. Just cook a good potato properly.

Cooking won't magically give it flavour.

Even sillier and more pig ignorant than you usually manage.

Raw meat has much less flavour than after its cooked.

They're bland.

Not when cooked properly they arent.

Still nothing like tasty fruits.

and even less like a kebab.

That tastes like ****.

you told me everything smelt and tasted the same.

No, all meat tastes the same.

Even sillier than you usually manage. The best roast leg of lamb
tastes nothing even remotely like the best steak, or a piece of
chicken breast.

All tastes like rotting carcass to me.

Even sillier than you usually manage with cold roast lamb alone.

Meat isn't food.

No surprise that you are so ****ed between the ears.

Plants are food.

Only for herbivores, sheep and cattle and donkeys like you.

Eating meat is eating already digested food.

Even sillier than you usually manage, vegy.

You're being lazy.

Even you should be able to manage a better
troll than that pathetic effort. Obviously not.

Only cats have such poor digestive systems that they need other animals
do half the work for them.

They are the only carnivores eh ?

Even you should be able to manage a better
troll than that pathetic effort. Obviously not.

Not trolling,

Obvious lie.

just pointing out that herbivores convert plant matter into animal matter,

And are the most stupid animals.

then lazy buggers like you and cats take the already created animal matter
for food.

Yep, very smart to get the most stupid animals to
turn grass that isnt any good to eat into decent
steaks and legs of lamb etc that are great to eat.