Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Trevor Wilson Trevor Wilson is offline

Default Confused about Frequency Counters

On 28/05/2017 12:20 PM, mike wrote:
On 5/27/2017 6:25 PM, Phil Allison wrote:

** Anything using a crystal time base will have good accuracy.

..... Phil

I don't expect anything I could say would change your mind.
We'll just have to disagree on that.

**Here is a crystal I specified for a project back in the 1990s (because
it was cheap). I paid AUS$0.22 each for them in 1,000 quantity. It's
cheap because it is typically used in clocks.

http://au.element14.com/ael-crystals...mhz/dp/9509585

Here is the technical data:

http://www.farnell.com/datasheets/31...801.1495964215

+/- 20PPM is very decent accuracy. Plenty good enough for regular
domestic service. Certainly, for professional stuff, you'll need an oven
for the crystal.

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au