Posted to alt.home.repair
T[_6_] T[_6_] is offline

Default The Order in Which God Created

On 05/28/2017 01:48 AM, Wayne Boatwright wrote:
On Sun 28 May 2017 01:28:49a, T told us...

On 05/28/2017 12:28 AM, Wayne Boatwright wrote:
On Sun 28 May 2017 12:09:16a, Bod told us...

Not only does the time period of creation in Genesis 1
contradict the time claimed for the evolution of all these
things, but the order of creation in Genesis 1 also contradicts
the order of events in the evolutionary story in at least 30
points. For example, the Bible says the earth was created before
light and before the sun and stars, just the opposite of the
big-bang theory. The Bible says that fruit trees were created
before any sea creatures and that birds were created before
dinosaurs (which were made on day 6, since they are land
animals), exactly the opposite of the evolutionary story.
Evolution says that initially the earth was a hot molten ball
that cooled to develop a hard crust, and then evolved an
atmosphere that produced rain, and then with the help of melted
asteroids produced oceans. But Genesis says the earth was
completely covered with water for two days and then dry land
appeared. According to evolution, the earth has never been
covered with a global ocean. But according to the Bible the
earth has been completely covered with water twice: the first
two days of creation and Noahââ¬â¢s Flood. It is impossible
to harmonize Genesis 1 with big-bang cosmology or the
evolutionary story of earthââ¬â¢s development.35

In addition to these contradictions, another obstacle to adding
millions of years to the days or between the days relates to the
order. If the ââ¬Ådaysââ¬Â are figurative of long ages,
then so are the ââ¬Åeveningsââ¬Â and the
ââ¬Åmornings.ââ¬Â But how could plants survive millions of
years of darkness? Or how could they reproduce if they had to
wait hundreds of millions of years before insects and animals
were created that would pollinate the plants?

https://answersingenesis.org/bible-c...and-eve/when-w
as -adam-created/

I can't say that I don't belive in God, and I have read every
word of the Bible more than once. However, I have always found
it hard to rationalize the creation theory in Genesis when
compared to what appears to be evolutionary fact.

Hi Wayne,

Genesis was always meant to be a story, not scientific fact.
It was to displace the notion that clouds in the sky were
the flatulence of gods riding over the skies in chariots,
etc, etc etc.. These were acts of nature, not gods.

And Bod is glossing over just how close Saint Moses got to
what we actually think happened. Darwin probably got
his idea on evolution from Saint Moses from the fish
coming on land and developing feet.

And Genesis was despised by the pagan of that time
as well, not just Bob and others of our time.

And evolution was never meant to be anything other than
science and as such is a moving target. 200 years from
today, there will be a theory to replace it and everyone
will laugh at evolution just as today we laugh at "caloric" and
the "first law of thermodynamics" (matter and energy can
neither be created or destroyed -- obviously not true).

Keep in mind what the saints say about science: Seek ye not
the truth in science, as today's truth are always tomorrows
falsehoods. But rather seek the truth in Jesus Christ, who
is the way, the truth, and the light.

As the Bible says:

And he hath given men skill, that he might be honoured
in his marvellous works.
-- Wisdom of Sirach (Apocrypha), chapter 38, v6, KJV:

When you learn about scientific discoveries, think Glory
Be To God for all his marvellous works. And the fact that
despite his creation being beyond our limited capacity
to comprehend, he still love us each individually and call
us to a personal relationship with him

Bod is trolling and acting like a jerk in the process.
The idea is to be inflammatory to keep the conversation
going as long as possible. And the weird part is that he
doesn't need to. He is a interesting guy all on his own
without being a jerk.

Yours in Christ,
-Todd

I would love to see the speed of light broken. I do believe
that ever since the first human eye saw the first star in
the sky, that we were meant to go there. Today's truth
are always tomorrows falsehood -- the light barrier going
down is just a matter of time.

:-)

Thank you! I suspected as much, and I won't feed his fire. :-)

You are most welcome.