Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default CPSC Proposes New Safety Rule for Tablesaws

On 5/27/2017 7:38 PM, wrote:
On Sat, 27 May 2017 19:28:40 -0500, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet
wrote:

On 5/27/2017 7:11 PM,
wrote:
On Sat, 27 May 2017 08:24:20 -0500, Leon wrote:

wrote:
On Fri, 26 May 2017 21:26:03 -0500, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet
wrote:

On 5/26/2017 6:38 PM,

What makes you say that? I just had a back up camera added, 8 weeks
ago, to my license plate bracket and shows up on my radio/gps screen.
Works pretty good for me.

That's one camera. The integrated units use more than one camera and
stitch the image together to get more of a "surround" view, so the
blind spots disappear.

I'd like to add a backup camera to my truck but I don't have a screen
(well, just a little 4" thing for the radio). It looks like a PITA to
do it any other way.

Got'cha. Just get the replacement rear view mirror model from Best Buy.
I think it would set you back about $300 installed.

Is it normally just a mirror? I don't think I could see it if the
camera is used for normal driving.

Yes, Pretty sure they only come on in reverse. But to be safe, confirm.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchpa...60& keys=keys

Thanks. I'll have to go over to BB and take a look. The descriptions
aren't very clear. OTOH, some of the reviews are useful. Shouldn't
it just replace the existing mirror? Why does it need windshield
attachment hardware?

I don't recall, but it seems that the new mount handled the wiring in
some way.

You can probably Youtube that model you are interested in and get more
info. I did that with my radio/GPS.

In my case the radio intermittently stoped working on my Tundra. I went
with a Pioneer radio/GPS/BU camera.

That's another possibility but the options are really confusing. I
have no interest in running wires throughout the truck. I did that
once for an XM radio and it didn't go well.

My install price for the BU camera was $100 and $100 to R& R the radio
install microphone, GPS antenna, wiring harnesses and mounting kit.
Not worth it for me to crawl around under the truck. I was very happy
with install. Wiring was well hidden.

Yeah, for $100, I wouldn't even attempt it.