Posted to rec.woodworking

Default CPSC Proposes New Safety Rule for Tablesaws

On Sat, 27 May 2017 19:28:40 -0500, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet
wrote:

On 5/27/2017 7:11 PM, wrote:
On Sat, 27 May 2017 08:24:20 -0500, Leon wrote:

wrote:
On Fri, 26 May 2017 21:26:03 -0500, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet
wrote:

On 5/26/2017 6:38 PM,

What makes you say that? I just had a back up camera added, 8 weeks
ago, to my license plate bracket and shows up on my radio/gps screen.
Works pretty good for me.

That's one camera. The integrated units use more than one camera and
stitch the image together to get more of a "surround" view, so the
blind spots disappear.

I'd like to add a backup camera to my truck but I don't have a screen
(well, just a little 4" thing for the radio). It looks like a PITA to
do it any other way.

Got'cha. Just get the replacement rear view mirror model from Best Buy.
I think it would set you back about $300 installed.

Is it normally just a mirror? I don't think I could see it if the
camera is used for normal driving.

Yes, Pretty sure they only come on in reverse. But to be safe, confirm.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchpa...60& keys=keys

Thanks. I'll have to go over to BB and take a look. The descriptions
aren't very clear. OTOH, some of the reviews are useful. Shouldn't
it just replace the existing mirror? Why does it need windshield
attachment hardware?

In my case the radio intermittently stoped working on my Tundra. I went
with a Pioneer radio/GPS/BU camera.

That's another possibility but the options are really confusing. I
have no interest in running wires throughout the truck. I did that
once for an XM radio and it didn't go well.

My install price for the BU camera was $100 and $100 to R& R the radio
install microphone, GPS antenna, wiring harnesses and mounting kit.
Not worth it for me to crawl around under the truck. I was very happy
with install. Wiring was well hidden.

Yeah, for $100, I wouldn't even attempt it.