Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Outdated compressor needs new reeds

On Thu, 25 May 2017 09:55:19 -0400, Leon Fisk
wrote:

On Tue, 23 May 2017 23:18:02 GMT
Joseph wrote:

I have a old PAR compressor. I would like to make new reeds for it.what would
be the best material to make them out of? The old ones are 10th thick. Here
are some pictures of what I have to make.
https://www.polytechforum.com/img/5h
https://www.polytechforum.com/img/5i

I can appreciate your wanting to make these... but have you looked
through the misc offerings on eBay?

http://www.ebay.com/sch/items/?_nkw=compressor+reed

You may find something there close enough to do what you want...

Just a heads up...most air compressor rebuild shops will have a vast
selection of reeds on hand. At most...$5 will buy you a set.

---