Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Month of May Month of May is offline

Default Coin counter

On Sat, 27 May 2017 06:44:26 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

On Tuesday, May 23, 2017 at 7:08:12 PM UTC-4, Tom Gardner wrote:
I have 8 3-pound coffee cans full of change. Very standard mix
collected over the past 20 years. I want to have somebody run it all
thro3ugh a machine and give me cash or a check. The 2local grocery
store charges 10% and a wholesaler that I used to buy pop for the
machine will do it for 5%. My local banks don't have a machine. Isn't
there a better choice? Any ideas who might have a machine and doesn't
charge much? How much do you think is in those coffee cans?

I'm curious: Why did you save all those coins if sorting and wrapping them is such a pain in the ass? I make sure I use my change as fast as I can. No sorting. No wrapping. No fees. Net income: nigher than if you pay to sort and wrap.

Why mess with cash at all? I rarely do, and the couple times a year
there are more than a few coins in my pocket I just leave them on the
nearest horizontal surface and they disappear in the same way that the
empty toilet paper rolls regenerate.

Scanning this coin counting thread though makes me wonder if I'm
missing out on the fun and exciting habit of using, hoarding, sorting
and rolling coins. Has the job became more enjoyable since my paper
boy days?