Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default Normal A/C on / off cycle durations?

On Saturday, May 27, 2017 at 1:44:15 AM UTC-4, Vld5491 wrote:
replying to Denco AC - Carrier Dealer - 28, Vld5491 wrote:

Denco - AC - Carrier dealer you know I am from California and just had a new
AC condenser, coil and furnace replaced. I am experiencing exactly the same as
one of your customer after upgrading my AC to a 4t from a 3t unit, it now
running like 8-10 mins and shuts down from 18 - 22 mins. But I was wondering
cause I have not seen my electric bill after this installation, would this
lower or raise my electricity bill?Thanks

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...ns-128958-.htm

If it's doing that when temps are moderate, it's probably fine.
If it's doing that when temps are hot, then it's oversized.
Was there a problem with the existing 3T not cooling enough?
What was the reason for going larger? As to the electric bill,
probably won't make any significant difference due to the timing.
It will use less electricity if it replaced an old honker.
The big downside to oversizing is that it won't run enough to
remove humidity on moderate days, won't run as long as it should
to mover air around and get balanced, etc.