Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Coin counter

"Carl Ijames" on Fri, 26 May 2017
11:46:28 -0400 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:
On 2017-05-25, Larry Jaques wrote:
On Wed, 24 May 2017 08:29:44 -0700, pyotr filipivich
wrote:

[ ... ]
Harbor freight has a coin sorter for sale. Battery operated/.

https://www.harborfreight.com/money-...ter-98052.html

I'll have to grab one of those. Coin rolls are much easier to sling
around than coffee cans, I'll bet. I'd also like to find an aluminum
magnet which could separate the aluminum pennies from the solid
coppers.

The HF one looks like the cheapest style on ebay, with terrible reviews
including that they take a nonstandard slightly shorter wrapper so you have
to buy theirs, so caveat emptor.

It is an option.

Other options include getting a grandkid over and playing a
sorting game. Sort and stack, stack and sort.

Personally, dump them all in the coinstar machine. Yeah, it has a
"steep cut", but "your done."
--
pyotr filipivich