Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Enlarge a hole in wood?

On 26/05/2017 16:16, Dan S. MacAbre wrote:
The Natural Philosopher wrote:

A router with a 4" tool might work if such exists

But I think that the permagrits might actually do the job

I've long been curious, but have no idea how routers work, or even the
full extent what you can do with them. I've looked at them in shops,
and I've seen amazing things that have been made with them, but am not
mentally able to connect the two :-)

That's a fairly deep subject in itself! Youtube would probably be your
friend to get some examples of good router applications.

A router is one of the most versatile power tools in the workshop. It
will cut, shape, rebate and profile edges. Make joints, flatten
surfaces, plane edges, carve, letter, flute... the list goes on. Much of
the skill of using them is coming up with jigs to get them to do what
you need.

--
Cheers,

John.