Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Ping Bill Wright - Multiswitch

On 26/05/2017 15:40, Dave Liquorice wrote:
Starting to think I really ought to tidy up the coils of cable in the
wiring cupboard. Had a brief look around at multiswiches but don't
really know which are good or bad makes or even a decent place to buy
from.

The multiswitch needs to do DSAT (and if it outputs the relevant
voltages/tones for a quad LNB that is already installed and working
all the better), Be very convenient if it also distributed, Band II,
DAB (might get a signal with a loft aerial) and whats left of Band IV
and V for DTTV. There are 24 coax's in the cupboard but 7 of those
are DSAT and terrestial aerials. So a 16 output unit will be just
over full, but it's unlikely that all distribution drops will ever be
used at the same time, so 12 outputs will probably do.

FWIW, last one I did was a Triax from CPC. Seemed to do a decent job. I
swapped the LNB for a quattro though.

--
Cheers,

John.