Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Battery capacity testing

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
On Mon, 22 May 2017 20:53:17 -0400, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

"Jim Wilkins" wrote in message
news
http://batteryuniversity.com/learn/a...nal_resistance
The two-tier DC load method is how the engineer had me test electric
vehicle Lithiums,

Interesting. It looks like I'm going to have to take their "course"
to get more up to speed. Until now, I had never heard how CCAs were
measured.

http://batteryuniversity.com/learn/a...d_cranking_amp
The HF carbon pile performs the test as they specify, with a 15 sec
timer to warn you to turn the current down before it overheats. So far
it seems to be a good and relatively inexpensive tool to measure the
margin your battery has over the starting current your vehicle
requires.

using a programmable electronic load and a much
better DC current probe than I'll probably ever own personally.

Indeed. Some equipment cost is measured by X years of debt and
probe
valued at X months of wages. =:-0

--
I started out with nothing and