Posted to uk.d-i-y
bert[_7_] bert[_7_] is offline

Default [Power] "Next generation utility wins contract for UK's biggest battery"

In article , Tim Streater
writes
In article , bert wrote:

In article , T i m
writes
On Wed, 24 May 2017 20:39:04 +0100, bert wrote:

In article , Harry Bloomfield
writes
Tim Streater brought next idea :
Which you get from where? And when it comes to pumping it out, where
does the water go?

It would be pumped out to a lagoon, then allowed to flow back via the
generators.

A lagoon eh? And just how big would this lagoon be and where do you
suggest it is located?

We already have one and it's pretty big, it's called 'the sea'. ;-)

Ah, so you're suggesting pumping seawater into old coal mines. Does
that work for the ones that are miles from the sea? And can you
guarantee no leakage of seawater into local aquifers?

I floated my questions above in the expectation that some numpty would
be drawn to them like a moth to a burning fart, and sure enough ...

And we reply to it tongue in cheek in the expectation... you know the
rest.
--
bert