Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Brain cells needed - 1955 test

On 26/05/2017 15:01, Nick wrote:
On 26/05/2017 12:17, NY wrote:

A bit of experience with Meccano would help a great deal, to
understand the importance of diagonal cross-bracing of a rectangular
shape (eg the gate in one of the questions) or to understand meshing
of a train of gears. Sadly modern children don't seem to "play" with
Meccano any more. I use the word "play" in its widest sense to mean
build things and work out by trial and error what is good and what is
bad and how to improve what is bad.

You are preaching to the converted. I loved my Meccano. I would do
anything for more, I longed for the motor with gears etc.

I bought my son kits that went unopened. He just wasn't interested.

Hmm same here...

--
Cheers,

John.