Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Coin counter

Larry Jaques on Thu, 25 May 2017
15:49:36 -0700 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:
On Thu, 25 May 2017 08:23:12 -0400, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
. ..
On Wed, 24 May 2017 08:29:44 -0700, pyotr filipivich
wrote:

I'll have to grab one of those. Coin rolls are much easier to sling
around than coffee cans, I'll bet. I'd also like to find an
aluminum
magnet which could separate the aluminum pennies from the solid
coppers.

The newer ones are copper-plated zinc, the change came around 1983,

Yeah, zinc, not AL. Steel and AL pennies were more rare.
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-ca...-idUSKCN0WK05Q

So, I need a zinc magnet. Got one handy?

and those in the transition period can be sorted by weight.

I'd just love to sort 20# worth of pennies by weight, wouldn't you?

There are ways.

I just sort them as I get them.
--
pyotr filipivich