Posted to uk.d-i-y
Nick Nick is offline

Default Brain cells needed - 1955 test

On 26/05/2017 12:17, NY wrote:

A bit of experience with Meccano would help a great deal, to understand
the importance of diagonal cross-bracing of a rectangular shape (eg the
gate in one of the questions) or to understand meshing of a train of
gears. Sadly modern children don't seem to "play" with Meccano any more.
I use the word "play" in its widest sense to mean build things and work
out by trial and error what is good and what is bad and how to improve
what is bad.

You are preaching to the converted. I loved my Meccano. I would do
anything for more, I longed for the motor with gears etc.

I bought my son kits that went unopened. He just wasn't interested.