Posted to uk.d-i-y
michael adams[_6_] michael adams[_6_] is offline

Default How to de-scale a loo that is connected to a Septic tank?

"jim" k wrote in message o.uk...

I only ask as you already admitted you've never had a septic tank
& know nothing about them

Where did I say that ?

There's plenty of information about septic tanks on the net.

All of which contradict your advice.

A contributor to this very thread suggested that
the OP should neutralise the acid by adding sodium
carbonate or bicarbonate before flushing it
away. Something you clearly consider totally
uneccsssary.

yet still *felt* qualified to profer &
defend your own advice to others.... Gotcha!

Whereas your "advice" is based on the following statement

"Anyhoo given that a decent septic tank worth having probably has a
capacity of 2-2.5k litres+, all this fretting over a couple of
occasional litres of dilute acid or bleach seems a trifle ott."

Now I know you're categorically refusing to identify the acid you
were referring to.

But just out of interest can you fill in the missing word
- the one with the ****,s in the following sentence ?

Just because a decent septic tank worth having probably has a
capacity of 2-2.5k litres+, that doesn't necessarily mean that it
actually c******s 2.5k litres or anything like it, at any one time.

So that basically the OPs septic tank could be almost empty,
for all you know. and yet despite this you're advising him to flush
five bog loads of non neutralised dilute acid into it.

It's at this point I suppose that you're also going to claims
you've got no limescale around the inside of your rim, so
that theres nothing there for this acid of yourse to dissolve
overnight, either.

michael adams