Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default CPSC Proposes New Safety Rule for Tablesaws

On 5/25/2017 3:38 PM, Keith Nuttle wrote:
On 5/25/2017 11:27 AM, Leon wrote:
On 5/25/2017 10:08 AM, Keith Nuttle wrote:
On 5/25/2017 10:48 AM, Leon wrote:

First off the triggering of a SawStop brake does not require a
repair. It is designed to have the brake trigger and to be removed
and replaced multiple time a day. I do this on my SawStop sometimes
4 times a day.

Wow you really made me look like the town fool by taking my comment
out of context.

FWIW that is when I change the brake out 4 times a day.

If you had re-posted the part where I mentioned that you have to
switch brakes when changing from a 10" to 8" blade....

You would not be looking like the fool.

If you are getting your finger in the blade four times per day
triggering the saw stop, you are the person this thing is designed
for. I would suggest you stop and read the safety manual and pay
more attention to what you are doing when around a saw of any kind.

Most of us have been using table saws for many years, some have never
got their finger in the blade. Some like me have only got a finger
against the blade once in 50 years. In that case a saw stop would
have only complicated the problem, as it was a STUPID mistakes. I cut
the finger on the blade and did not cut it off.

You said,

Most of us have been using table saws for many years, "some" have
never got their finger in the blade. "Some" like you have only got a
finger against the blade in 50 years.

Thank goodness the rest of the "many" did not make the mistake you made.
You Sir, are a candidate for a Saw Stop. It happened once, it can
happen again.

Sorry, I am a poor reader.

That just jumped out when I read it.

KN