Posted to rec.woodworking

Default CPSC Proposes New Safety Rule for Tablesaws

On Thu, 25 May 2017 18:02:11 -0500, dpb wrote:

On 05/25/2017 5:56 PM, wrote:

I don't see any productivity numbers or opportunity costs in there.

That's the summary net, not the analysis.

And note I didn't say I thought it necessarily was a great (or even
good) one; just that they're required to at least go through the motions.

If fact, if one wanted to contest the implementation, I suspect there's
a good spot to attack but it would take more in-depth analysis than just
writing "I disagree" to make a strong enough argument that they would
actually have to do something in response.

It would be good if the information were available. Of course none of
this is because they didn't even look.