Posted to rec.woodworking

Default CPSC Proposes New Safety Rule for Tablesaws

On Thu, 25 May 2017 17:35:21 -0500, dpb wrote:

On 05/25/2017 2:07 PM, Leon wrote:
On 5/25/2017 1:17 PM, dpb wrote:

If it were running (and my understanding is the brake/sensor is active
even during coastdown, right, Leon?)

Correct, I confirmed that with SS before ordering.

One other operational scenario came to mind...

I know there's a bypass mode for very green wood that otherwise shorts
out the system; if one were to use up the brake cartridge on hand, will
the saw operate in bypass mode?

If I understand the question, I don't think so. AFAIK, the cartridge
is required for the saw to operate. Tripping the "stop" drives the
aluminum block into the blade taking both out and both need to be
replaced before the saw is functional again.