Posted to uk.d-i-y
The Other Mike[_3_] The Other Mike[_3_] is offline

Default Modern car rear lights!

On Thu, 25 May 2017 18:35:51 +0100, "NY" wrote:

"The Other Mike" wrote in message
.. .
On Thu, 25 May 2017 17:01:14 +0100, Nightjar wrote:

On 25-May-17 11:07 AM, Robin wrote:
And do the French require you to carry spares for them?

They dropped the requirement to carry spare bulbs a long time ago.

But added the requirement for a breath testing kit (alcohol not garlic)

Are you expected to test yourself each time you drive, or is it for the
police to test you if they stop you?

It's France, so expect anything. Maybe it is to test yourself, it's just an
addtional expense for no real gain.

I'd expect the police to carry their own significantly more accurate portable
testers and maybe have evidential standard testing back at base like in the UK,
but having only ever been roadside breath tested in Australia I wouldn't know
(zero result, marginallly busted a speed limit when I missed a sign)