Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default CPSC Proposes New Safety Rule for Tablesaws

On 5/25/2017 1:17 PM, dpb wrote:
On 05/25/2017 10:08 AM, Keith Nuttle wrote:

... Some like me have only got a finger
against the blade once in 50 years. In that case a saw stop would have
only complicated the problem, as it was a STUPID mistakes. I cut the
finger on the blade and did not cut it off.

I'm hard pressed to understand the above...how would having SS have
complicated the problem, operator stupidity or not?

If the saw weren't running at the time and just gashed against a tooth,
sure, it wouldn't have made any difference in the result but how would
it complicate?

If it were running (and my understanding is the brake/sensor is active
even during coastdown, right, Leon?)

Correct, I confirmed that with SS before ordering.