Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default My wife picked up a TV

On Wed, 24 May 2017, wrote:

On Wednesday, May 24, 2017 at 4:31:36 PM UTC-4, amdx wrote:
On 4/24/2017 4:24 PM, tom wrote:
wrote in message
The LCD/LED panel has broken. This is not worth an attempt to repair.
The replacement panel will cost more than a replacement TV. Send it back
or otherwise dispose of it.

Dan

Or sell the boards on ebay. List the model and part number for each board.
You may make enough to buy a new TV.

Hey, I listed three PCB's from the TV on Ebay on Sunday, I got offers
on two of them today. I ask $65 for each pcb, I got a $50 offer on one
and a $45 offer on the other. I accepted both rather than sending away a
buyer. Fedex has them now.

Mikek

That's the good news... here's the bad:

A lot of people do their own diagnosing or follow someone's (alleged)
success on youtube and always assume their TV has the same issue. What
happens is they buy the wrong board, or the TV doesn't need a board at
all if the display itself is bad or has an open LED in the display or a
wiring issue inside.

Recent Samsungs are known for LED failures. It would not surprise me if
you don't get a return request on one or both of those boards. My dad
always told me not to count my chickens before they're hatched.

Good luck.

That's today's internet. "Skill sharing" is really someone who knows what
he's doing writing it down for others (or making a video) and everyone
else is fine, so long as things stay on the same path. But if they fall
off, they are lost, because they don't know how to troubleshoot, just swap
boards.

Michael