Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Ancel B Ancel B is offline

Default Goodbye Radio Shack

Oh, well. I still have some RS parts on the blue card in the plastic bubble from 1979. Plus I have all 3 of the Transistor projects DIY books from Forrest Mimms and I built almost all of the projects. As a 14 yr old, with no internet, the projects were the only way to learn.

The most fun was the DC to DC converter that could zap people.

I also still have the portable Tandy / RS chess computer with 8 levels.I don't think it works, but I suppose I could get in there and fix it.Never opened it to see if the chips were socketed etc. I got up to level 6 which took a looong time to make a move. Several hours sometimes.