Posted to uk.d-i-y
Nightjar Nightjar is offline

Default Modern car rear lights!

On 24-May-17 8:50 PM, Michael Chare wrote:
I presume cars are made a economically as possible, so is it really the
case that a rear light unit with LEDs and driven by CAN bus, with two
thin wires for the power and two even thinner wires for CAN-H and CAN-L
bus is really cheaper to make than one with convention bulbs and much
thicker wires?

A failed LED in an array won't make much difference to the function of
the light, but a failed bulb, which is far more probable, will.

The modern system does not make connecting a trailer light socket easy!

I bought my car with manufacturer fitted fold-away tow bar and electrics.

Colin Bignell