Posted to sci.electronics.repair
N_Cook N_Cook is offline

Default Metcal handpiece

On 24/05/2017 20:13, wrote:
On Wednesday, May 24, 2017 at 8:32:35 AM UTC-7, Boris Mohar wrote:
Greetings!

My MX500 handpiece went open in the handle. Does anybody know how to take it
apart?

--
Boris

---

You don't. You bite the bullet and buy a new one. There's a new one on eBay for $77 or you can go to Mouser for $104.25.

I use my Metcal quite a bit and am still on the same handpiece for 15 years but I do have a shiny new handpiece "just in case". Also, my Metcal was bought used on eBay.

So it looks as though the OP may as well carefully "Dremmel" into there
and explore, and hopefully divulge if he finds weak spots, hollows ,
active areas etc