Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Outdated compressor needs new reeds

On Tuesday, May 23, 2017 at 7:18:05 PM UTC-4, Joseph wrote:
I have a old PAR compressor. I would like to make new reeds for it.what would
be the best material to make them out of? The old ones are 10th thick. Here
are some pictures of what I have to make.

Not sure of the best material. A good while back there was some discussion on making pulse jets. The guy making the reed valves etched them out of sheet stock. Etched because cutting the material left burrs.

You could probably find the post by searching on pulse jet reed valves.

Dan