Posted to uk.d-i-y
bm[_2_] bm[_2_] is offline

Default Modern car rear lights!

"Michael Chare" wrote in message
news
On 24/05/2017 23:16, bm wrote:
"Harry Bloomfield" wrote in message
news
Michael Chare formulated the question :
I presume cars are made a economically as possible, so is it really the
case that a rear light unit with LEDs and driven by CAN bus, with two
thin wires for the power and two even thinner wires for CAN-H and CAN-L
bus is really cheaper to make than one with convention bulbs and much
thicker wires?

The modern system does not make connecting a trailer light socket easy!

Actually, it makes it easier and it can be more clever. One thick wire
as
the main supply, then thin wires can be used to pick up the signals. The
trailer lights can be monitored and issues fed as data down the can-bus.

It's all far too clever IMHO. Take the seat sensors, if I bung a shopping
bag on the passenger seat the "fasten seat belt" command/bleeper goes
barmy.
I realise it's all designed for dumbarses but c'mon.
With other probs, you take it to a dealer who sucks his teeth and hasn't
clue. Whatever the diagnostics tell him it gets changed, charged for, and
still has the prob.
The poor back-street garage who i've used for 52 years is totally
buggered.
Progress/profit.
The day we get driverless cars i'll be hopefully dead.

I find I now have a car that is supposed to start when you press a button
and the key is in the car. However instead of starting I got a message in
front of me saying "Savelock RTFM". (Well perhaps without the expletive.)

And this is progress?

Dave knows, but won't admit to anything. He's fractionally left.
Lets get Corbyn and sound engineers in power, then we'll know who are the
nogberts/pricks.
McDonnell might get to perform fellatio on Corbyn, legally. Not in closed
doors.
Ya hafta laugh at these ****s. And Dave.
Steady on missus, we might just have to pay a few UK pence more for our
caviar.
LMFAO.
Really though, I'm absolutely frightened to death of what the EU might
impose upon us.
They might even come to their senses? Nah.