Posted to rec.woodworking
dpb dpb is offline

Default CPSC Proposes New Safety Rule for Tablesaws

On 05/24/2017 3:47 PM, Keith Nuttle wrote:

Have any of you expressed your concern where it would count?

As posted earlier in the thread:

Instead of talking about these stupid proposals, use the time that you
take to write to this newsgroup and send the message where it will do
some good.

www.regulations.gov

In the case of this proposal enter into the search window and complete
number in the search window. CPSC-2011-0074 to get the comment form for
this proposal.

There are enough people reading this newsgroups and their friends that
if every one of you sent a comment through the above link it would make
a difference.

I just submitted my comments, will you?

Well, not just off-the-cuff, no.

OTOH, I have started to read the proposal in depth and have begun
looking at some of the numbers used to justify the conclusion...I have
some concern that they glossed over what looks to me like a pretty good
downward trend in numbers/rates that they claim isn't a trend; I've yet
to have time to dig into how they finagled the statistical test to
conclude it isn't significant where it looks very much so at first blush.

I'll work on other sections as get to them so that when do comment it
has some substance, hopefully, rather than just "I don't like it!" that
isn't likely to have much influence as Leon says.

If you had time to make serious comments already, "good on ya'!"