Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Flipping over turf

"James Wilkinson Sword" wrote in message
news
On Thu, 11 May 2017 20:13:33 +0100, Rod Speed
wrote:

"James Wilkinson Sword" wrote in message
news
On Tue, 09 May 2017 21:57:12 +0100, Rod Speed
wrote:

"James Wilkinson Sword" wrote in message
news On Sun, 07 May 2017 22:13:13 +0100, Rod Speed

wrote:

"James Wilkinson Sword" wrote in message
news On Sun, 07 May 2017 21:15:29 +0100, Rod Speed

wrote:

"James Wilkinson Sword" wrote in message
news What's this then? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/151551068630

Fake kikuyu. There are no seed heads on any of my kikuyu.

It would never survive if it couldn't seed.

Wrong. It's a runner grass.

That could never work.

It does anyway.

How would it get from West to East Australia?

You put the runners in a vehicle.

How would it do it without human intervention?

Irrelevant, its not a naturally occurring grass.

It couldn't spread across long distances.

Its not a naturally occurring grass.

We invented it?

Bred it. Just like we did wheat, that's
not a naturally occurring grass either.

Don't believe you.

Doesn't matter what you believe.

So why was it bred? What is it's purpose?

To be a very aggressive grass that
will survive anything short of napalm.

If only to **** of my neighbours :-)

It'll **** you off too.

I don't mind mowing,

Yes, you are that stupid.

It's a quick easy enjoyable task.

Only for stupids who don't have much better things to do.

Do you detest hoovering too?

Yep.

Get a robot one then.

Useless. You have no idea what my place is like.

Are you boasting about the size of your hose again? Or are you saying
it's really dirty?

So much stuff that it wouldn't get anywhere.

Nope, when I take stuff back to the kitchen after
eating off it, it has to go somewhere. Just as easy
to put it straight in the dishwasher which is left
open as putting it anywhere else.

Easier to do what I do and just pile them up on the draining board.

Nope. Just as easy to pile them in the dishwasher and there
is nothing else you have to do except close the door and
press the button when you want to have them cleaned.

Putting them in the dishwasher requires putting them in the correct
positions.

You have to do that sometime. Might as well be the
time you do anything with them after using them.

I just pile them up on the draining board, so I can do all the stacking in
one go every few days.

Which means they are all double handled. No thanks.

When it looks like about a full load, I put them all in at once,

So you waste that effort. I don't have to do that.

It's the rule of mass production, always faster to do lots of something at
once.

It's the rule of mass production, handle everything just once.

taking the clean stuff out at the same time.

The clean stuff has already gone, its been dirtied.

So when yours has finished cleaning, it's full of clean stuff, and now
you're gradually putting dirty things in and taking clean ones out and
they're getting mixed up. Or do you have two dishwashers?

Three, actually.

Then once there arent any clean plates left, put a pellet in the little
thing where it goes, close the door turn it on.

I use two pellets,

I use one, but a good one like Finish
or now Logix now that we have an Aldi.

As do I, but since I run it only every few days,

I run mine roughly ever 12 days because that's when
all the largest dinner plates are dirty. I don't use one
of those for every meal, with steak I used those heavy
cast iron oval plates that go under the grill. With curry
that's eaten out of what its reheated in in the microwave.

and it's got dried catfood on things,

Not stupid enough to feed cats and never needed to wash
anything with the dog. He gets the massive great 10KG sacks
of dried dog food that gets slashed and helps himself until
its empty and then that goes in the bin and another is slashed.

The leg of lamb bones have him take it
out of your hand, nothing to be washed.

it needs two, and on the full 70C wash.

Only because that dishwasher is
a steaming turd of a dishwasher.

gets things clean after sitting about for 4 days.

Mine sit for about 12, that's when all the full
dinner plates are dirty usually. Don't use
those for ever meal so that does vary a little.

I do a dishwasher run when they are all dirty.

I've got parrots and cats so mine fills faster.

Stupid to be dishwashing for them.