Posted to uk.d-i-y
Fredxxx Fredxxx is offline

Default Twin flourescent, both flickering

On 24/05/2017 19:51, Rod Speed wrote:

wrote in message
On Wednesday, 24 May 2017 12:30:20 UTC+1, Rod Speed wrote:
tabbypurr wrote in message
On Wednesday, 24 May 2017 10:29:28 UTC+1, Rod Speed wrote:
tabbypurr wrote in message
On Tuesday, 23 May 2017 21:03:35 UTC+1, Rod Speed wrote:
Fredxxx wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Fredxxx wrote
Rod Speed wrote

You have no idea what the impedance of
the supply is with that PARTICULAR fluoro.

Most supplies are a very low impedance,

Most is irrelevant with faults.

How much power would be dissipated in a faulty 'electro' to cause a
meaningful fluctuation in voltage?

Depends on the state of the supply to the fluoro.

If the mains wiring has caught fire & is providing power
through a layer of charcoal, you might be right.
In the other 99.999% of cases you are as usual talking out of somewhere
dark.

Doesnt need to do anything even remotely
like that to see the fluoros flicker with a bad cap.

reams of your **** flushed where it belongs

Yet you're hopelessly unable to explain your point of view.

Everyone can see you are lying thru your ****ing teeth, as always.

Please quote your explanation from this thread then.

Go and find it yourself. I said that a bad cap can see the voltage
the tubes get produce flicker, particularly when the feed to the
fitting hasnt been done as well as it could be or has a fault that
sees a higher impedance than normal which doesnt produce
the flicker until the cap goes bad.

So you're now saying there might be a bad connection?

Why did you blame the 'electro'?

And an explanation is irrelevant anyway when removing
the cap is so easy to do and proves if the cap is the problem.

It could be a coincidence where moving a wire improved the bad connection.

Only pig ignorant lying bull**** artists like you two
would actually be stupid enough to proclaim that
no bad cap could ever produce any flickering.

We're smart enough to ask how an 'electro' can cause a "flourescent are
flickering and won't light".

And you'll have to pardon us if we have noticed
that Adam sees a hell of a lot more faults than
you two will ever see and is much more likely
to know whats possible than you two clowns.

Yes, and he said it "may be" the cap, implying he simply didn't know.
You need to improve your skill of English comprehension.