Posted to uk.d-i-y
charles charles is offline

Default Supascrews and Twinqwik screws

In article , michael
adams wrote:

"Graeme" wrote in message

Some years ago, Supascrews were introduced, and mixed packs were sold,
complete with cross head driver. Yellow plastic tray, with clear flip
up lid. Anyway, the name seemed to disappear, although Twinqwik
surfaced, and seemed to be the same.

Having stocks of a whole range of sizes (and several drivers), I want
to top up a few, but neither name seems common now.

As with Goldscrews etc they're just trade names. Twinquick sounds like a
twinthread screw. In theory twinthreads are easier to start and drive,
which makes them popular with anyone using a lot on a daily basis while
single threads have a beefier thread which gives better purchase
especially in softwood and MDF.

Does anyone know whether Pozi heads are the same? I don't want to buy,
then find the head of the drive is similar, but not quite the same. --
Graeme

Pozi heads - the actual indentation on the screwhead, bits and
screwdrivers come in 3 sizes.

0, 1, 2 & 3. I have all of them. The biggest was for a car door catch.

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England