Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris J Dixon Chris J Dixon is offline

Default Mouldy attic/Mossy Roof

AnthonyL wrote:

On Wed, 24 May 2017 11:08:03 +0100, Chris Hogg wrote:

A copper strip along each side of the ridge is said to prevent moss.
As it rains, a very tiny amount of copper dissolves in the rainwater
and washes over the roof, poisoning the moss. Quite what you use as
the copper I don't know (old stripped cable, or 'Atomic Strip'*
draught excluder come to mind) and how you keep it there are other
matters.

Interesting - I'll have a walk around to see if anyone in this area
has adopted that idea.

It is an intriguing suggestion, which isn't new, but I have never
actually noticed it having been done.

Has anyone actually done it, and if so, with what materials and
effectiveness?

Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK