Posted to sci.electronics.repair,rec.antiques.radio+phono

Default Goodbye Radio Shack

On Tue, 23 May 2017, wrote:

On Tue, 23 May 2017 19:27:39 -0400, Carter wrote:

On 5/23/2017 3:47 PM, Foxs Mercantile wrote:

Middle management was draconian at best. Always grinding
on the store managers to meet constantly changing quotas.

Yup, had a GREAT manager at the local RS -- helpful, knowledgeable, a
really nice guy. Sadly, they fired him because of the bogus quotas.

Here in Canada a LOT of the stores were franchises - locally owned
businesses that HQ could not fire - - -

That was the case in the US too.

But in the US, their Franchise stores often were hybrid, selling Radio
Shack items, but also other things. I remember going to one, I guess in
Maine, in the seventies, able to get some interesting books because they
carried more than Radio Shack items.

Michael